KPK’s Five-Year Education Plan to Revolutionize the Current Education System
- A revolutionary five-year; 2019-2023 education plan has been introduced by KP Govt.
- The Education Department in KP will hire new teachers, improve the education system and also establish monitoring assistants.
- A sum of Rs.500 million has been set aside in the current fiscal year for the construction of new schools.
The government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has introduced a revolutionary five-year education plan to improve the current education system of the province.
The Ministry of Education Department of Primary and Secondary announced the plan for the next five years; from 2019 to 2023.
Here is what the Revolutionary Education Plan Includes:
- Teachers’ training
- Curriculum reforms
- Establishment and up-gradation of schools
- Appointment of new teaching staff
Hiring New Teachers:
The Education Department aims to hire 65,000 new teachers, including 11,000 primary teachers in the next five years.
Restructuring of Education System:
The Education Ministry has approved a handsome amount for the restructuring of the current education system in the newly-merged tribal districts.
Establishment of Monitoring Assistants:
In order to revolutionize the current education system, the government will establish 138 data collection monitoring assistants (DCMAs) in tribal districts.
The government of KP will convert the Taleemi Islahi Jirga (TIJs) in merged districts into parent-teacher councils (PTCs) and these will be connected with the Education Ministry to keep a check and balance.
Some Other Revolutionary Measures Include:
- 45 new primary schools will be constructed
- 22 primary schools will be converted to the middle schools
- 26 middle schools will be upgraded to the secondary schools
- 21 secondary schools will be converted into the higher secondary schools
Concept of School Leaders:
The Education Department is planning to introduce the concept of school leaders in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The concept aims to train as many as 3,000 leaders at the start of the next academic year.
The school leaders will be responsible for monitoring the classrooms, lesson management, implementation, and daily school life. The teachers’ development program will be expended to all 35 districts in the next five years.
High-Quality Script Lessons:
Furthermore, the Education Department is also working on the development of high-quality script lessons for English, Mathematics, and Urdu across the province.
Revision of Textbooks:
The textbooks for classes 1 to 10, including English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology will also be revised according to modern standards by 2023.
The department of education has set aside a sum of Rs.500 million in the current fiscal year for the construction of new schools, to start second shift classes for the out of school kids in the newly merged districts and shift rented building schools into government-owned.