The education policy of Punjab Government – A detailed look.
Punjab Government reveals a full-fledged education policy and roadmap for the next 5 years.
Education is one of the most important elements of building a society. Pakistan needed to invest a lot more on education but sadly, the previous governments didn’t bother much about it.
The purpose of education:
Education is not meant to give you a degree and a job only. It is much greater than that but sadly, it was turned into a business in recent decades.
Because the rulers didn’t spend much on the betterment of the education system, it became a business in Pakistan.
Current Government’s plan and policy for education:
PTI-led government is taking education as one of its top priorities. In this regard, Punjab Govt. has launched a full policy for education.
Video: Minister of education Punjab, Murad Raas launching the education policy:
Some of the key points from the education policy of Punjab Govt.
- Education till 5th grade will be in the national language Urdu.
- English will be taught as a language.
- Evening shift to be started in the schools of Punjab.
- Strict policies for parents who do not send their children to school.
- They won’t be able to get the Health Card and Benazir Income Support card if they don’t send their children to schools.
- Teachers will be getting the licenses just like the lawyers.
- Only license holding teachers will be able to teach.
Check this too: Complete details of Health Card
What will be the outcome and results?
- Education in the Urdu language at an early stage will help the students to study better.
- They will also get to learn English as it will be taught as a separate language.
- The students who cannot attend the school in the morning, they will be able to get admission in evening classes.
- Parents will try their best to send their children to school when they have the fear of losing access to health card and BISP.
- Issuance of licenses will improve the quality of education as the small schools at every other street will have to hire better teachers.
The improvements are always needed but this policy is a good start. At least we have a government who is taking education as its priority. The execution of this policy will be the real test for the education department of Punjab.
What do you think about the policy? Leave a comment below and let us know.