- The Sehat Insaf Card (health insurance) was introduced by KPK Govt in 2016
- It initially covered the people living below the poverty line.
- It also offered free health insurance worth 700,000 Rupees initially.
But now, Insaf Health Insurance worth one million rupees is going to be available to EVERY resident of KPK
Sehat Sahulat KP
Under Sehat Sahulat Program, the entire KP population (6 million families) will be given Health Insurance. Every family will get 10 Lakh rupees per year for Health-related issues.
Over 200 Private and Government Hospital across Pakistan will be on the panel, meaning KP people will be able to get their treatment in over 200 Private and Government Hospital across Pakistan. More hospitals to be added later
Types of deceases covered:
All types of treatments including Cancer, Cardiac, Vascular, Emergency, and many more treatments will be covered. (Will share the list)
What’s New in this phase of health insurance?
- Sehat Insaf Cards will not be given, Insurance will be given through CNICs.
All tribal districts citizens already have Health Insurance.
- KP will give Health Insurance to all citizens, many developing countries don’t have Universal Health Insurance.
- 200+ hospitals are on the panel, more will be added.
- Encouraging the private sector to build more hospitals, creating more jobs for health staff.
- Insurance will be given to people in Divisions in phase-wise.
- Malakand first in October, Hazara in November, Peshawar in December and then South. (Most Important)
- By January 2021, everyone in the KPK province will have it.
How can you get it if you live in KPK:
You don’t have to run after any politician or public office holder. As mentioned above, Insaf Health Insurance will be provided on CNIC this time. So as soon as it’s enabled for every resident of KPK, you will automatically be able to benefit from it.
You’ll just have to show your CNIC at any hospital that’s on-panel.