FBR introduces ‘Online Tax Profiling System’ enabling people to check their tax profile
- Tax assessment will now be made on the basis of available data as well as related information
- FBR collected data with the help of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA)
- There are no security issues in the profile system because nobody can access the data of another person
The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has formally launched the online Tax Profiling System. The system would enable 53million people to check their tax profile.
The Chairman FBR, ShabbarZaidi, introduced the system while addressing a press conference earlier in Islamabad.
FBR compiled data with the help of NADRA:
The chairman FBR said that the data has been compiled with the help of the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA).
On the basis of their computerized national identity card (CNIC) and cell phone number, anyone can request access to their information.
FBR ensured security:
The Chairman told that security features have been added to the online profile system so that no one can access the personal information of another person.
RS.500 will be charged:
Zaidi told me that RS.500 would be charged for each attempt to access one’s profile.
State Minister for Revenue Hammad Azhar was also present in the press conference. When a person wants to access their information, they will have to send a message to 9966 to receive a code for registration on the system. Next, the person will have to pay RS.500, Minister briefed.
Here are the Registration Criteria:
You can use this service if:
- You are a Pakistani National and hold a valid CNIC/NICOP
- You hold a PTA registered Mobile number (for citizens living in Pakistan only)
- You have an Email Address (for citizens living outside Pakistan)
- You have made payment of 500 PKR either through e-Sahulat or Debit Card
- You are 18+
Easy process to access your data:
To get access to your data, you will have to register on the Tax Profiling System by filling in your data and answering multiple questions, for security reasons.
Easy registration steps:
- Personal information – CNIC and PTA approved mobile number
- Email/mobile verification – Verification code through mobile/email
- Citizen verification – Two secret questions related to your family for verification
When you are done, you have to pay RS.500 either through a credit card or by visiting any e-Sahulat center.
In May, the Chairman FBR warned that from July onward, FBR will take strict action against tax defaulters including the disconnection of utilities.
“I will urge manufacturers and industrialists to take advantage of the scheme and clear their past sales tax charges by paying just 2%tax”, the chairman said.
FBR clarifies that the system would allow citizens to view their profile created by their data from multiple data sources. It would make tax payment a hassle-free process. With this data, the government can easily increase the tax net.