Who is Hashim Jawan Bakht? An introduction to Punjab’s finance minister
Here we have an introduction to Hashim Jawan Bakht, The Finance Minister of Punjab.
Makhdum Hashim Jawan Bakht son of Makhdum Ruknuddin was born on September27, 1979.
Hashim Jawan Bakht is a Pakistani politician who is the current Provincial Minister of Punjab for finance, in office since 27 August.
He has been a member of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab since August 2018.
Early life and Education:
He obtained the degree of B.com from McGill University, Canada. Previously he was a Member of the Provincial Assembly of Punjab, from May 2013 to May 2018.
He was elected to the Provincial Assembly of Punjab as an independent candidate from Constituency PP-291 (Rahimyar Khan-VII) in Pakistan general election, 2013.
He joined Pakistan Muslim League (N) IN May 2013. He resigned from the Punjab Assembly in May 2018. In April 2018, he quit PML-N.
He was re-elected to the Provincial Assembly of Punjab as a candidate of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) from Constituency PP-259 (Rahimyar Khan-V) and from PP-261 (Rahimyar Khan-VII) in Pakistan general election 2018.
On August 2018, he was inducted into the provincial Punjab cabinet of Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar. Hashim was appointed as Provincial Minister of Punjab for finance.
Prior to contesting the general elections in 2013, he was associated with the Banking sector. He served as vice president, Corporate and Investment Banking division at Citibank. He has been elected as a Member, Provincial Assembly of Punjab in general elections 2013.
Hashim’s journey with PTI:
Provincial Assembly Member Makhdum Hashim Jawan Bakht is a part of Junoobi Punjab Sooba Mahaz.
Junoobi Punjab Sooba Mahaz:
Mr. Bakht has submitted a resolution to the Punjab Assembly secretariat, urging all parties to support the creation of a new province in the southern part of Punjab.
He urged all political parties in the Punjab Assembly. He wanted to approve the resolution so that the plan to give due rights to the people of south Punjab could be executed.
“There is neither any difference nor new province being demanded on the basis of linguistic reasons,” he said.
“We are here to embrace the love of people of Punjab,” he added.
According to Bakht, the creation of smaller provinces will bring people closer and strengthen their bonds of love.
Citizen Budget of Punjab:
The finance minister of Punjab Hashim Jawan Bakht presented the provincial budget for 2019.
Message from the Finance Minister:
Citizen’s Budget is in line with PTI’s resolve to ensure transparency and accountability in government functioning.
The Citizen’s Budget provides a glimpse into the future. It details major projects, initiatives and policies of the Provincial Government in a concise manner.
Considering the economic and financial challenges inherited from our predecessors, this year’s budget is essentially a creative budget in nature.
This year Citizen’s Budget also provides information on initiatives under PTI’s 100-Days Agenda.
The Government is positive that accelerated economic growth can be achieved with effective planning and better governance.
100 Days Agenda:
- Transform Governance
- Strengthen the Federation
- Revitalize Economic Growth
- Uplift Agriculture and Conserve Water
- Revolutionize Social Services
- Ensure Pakistan’s National Security
- Education budget greater than PML-N:
Government improves the education system.
- It will launch a new tier of schooling to improve early childhood education before Nursery class.
- The government will introduce ICT support for primary school teachers to facilitate teaching in the primary school.
- The government will establish Home Economics College in Bahawalpur.
- The government will also establish Model Colleges BS (4-year program).
- The government will also take steps in the provision of missing facilities in different colleges of south Punjab.
- The government will construct Women University Sialkot.
The government will formulate Special Education Sectoral Plan. Govt will also establish Degree Colleges of Special Education.
Govt will provide library books to Special Education Institutions and will also provide 34 new buses to various institutions of special education.
Water Supply and Sanitation:
- The government will launch “Clean Water for Healthy Life” project.
- Insaaf Program for Water Supply and Sanitation in rural areas will be provided.
- Construction of Surface Water Treatment Plant at BRBD Canal near Ravi Syphon Lahore.
- Construction or Waste Water Treatment Plant in Lahore.
- Management Plan for the road sector will be prepared.
- The launch of the Umbrella program for uplifting and connectivity of roads in Punjab.
Industries, Commerce and Investment:
- The special economic zone will be developed.
- Punjab Skill Development Project will be launched.
Finance Minister Makhdum Hashim Jawan said:
“Our first budget is in accordance with the aspirations of the people and suitable steps will be proposed that will help enhance the resources along with the provision of relief to the people.”
He said that the steps would be adopted to decrease unnecessary expenditures and development of backward areas.
Finance Minister said that the new budget would not only dispel the negative effects of fiscal indiscipline and corruption of the past but also pave the way for real development and prosperity of the masses.
Provincial Finance Minister assured that the PTI government would make outcome-oriented and evidence-based planning so that people could realize and enjoy the fruit of ‘Real Change’.