Health Insurance – List of diseases covered in Sehat Insaf Card of PTI Govt.
- Health Insurance was rolled out on a Govt level via Sehat Insaf Card.
- The cardholder can get free treatment for up to 720,000 Rs.
- It has been distributed in 30 districts of Punjab
Below is the detail of diseases covered in the health insurance offered by Sehat Insaf Card
The Sehat Insaf Card is a flagship project of PTI-led Govt and this health insurance was initiated from KPK. PTI came into power in KPK after the general election of 2013 and prioritized the health sector.
Sehat Insaf Card was one of the most successful projects in KP as it offered the facilities like never before. Cardholders were able to get themselves treated not only in Govt but listed private hospitals as well.
Sehat Insaf Card from Punjab and Federal Govt:
After its success in KP and resulting in a clean sweep of PTI in the general election 2018, Prime Minister Imran Khan envisioned it to be introduced on a national level. These cards were started to get distributed in February 2019 and it has been distributed in 30 districts of Punjab until now.
Extra features other than health treatment:
Sehat Insaf Card doesn’t only offer unique health insurance but offers complete care of the cardholder. Following are some of the extra features of this card:
- Rs 1000/- will be paid if the cardholder can’t afford to travel to the hospital.
- The amount will be paid as a fare
- If a patient dies during the treatment and they can’t afford an ambulance to take the dead body to their homes, it will be paid from the value of the card.
- The card will also bear the expenses of the funeral in case the patient dies.
- If someone has used their balance of Rs. 720,000, it can be further extended by the Govt.
- Not only Govt but listed private hospitals will also be treating the cardholder.