We Shot Down our own Chopper on Feb 27 – Indian Air Chief Confesses

  • It took seven months for IAF to understand that it shot down one of its own helicopters during clashes with Pakistan in February, killing all six onboard.
  • Chief of Indian Air Force admitted that the Mi-17 chopper crash on February 27 was a big mistake on part of the force.
  • It was also revealed that India mistook the helicopter for an incoming missile and it crashed just 10 minutes after it took off.
IAF Chief Confessed
IAF Chief Confessed

A Mi-17 chopper crashed in Srinagar on February 27th, 2019 and this created a series of chaotic turnouts between Pakistan and India.

The Indian authorities claimed to have shot down a Pakistani plane by the use of their efficient missile system to which Pakistani officials rejected such claims. Despite the rejection of claims, Indians still celebrated their victorious shot.

But finally, the Chief of Indian Air force Air Chief Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria has accepted that the Mi-17 chopper crash in Srinagar was caused after it was hit by an Indian missile by mistake.


Indians had threatened Pakistan with the war in February when they had made false claims that Pakistan shot their chopper.

The officers handling the air defense system at that time had mistaken their helicopter for an enemy aircraft.

It was found that the helicopter crashed 10 minutes after take-off and wreckage of the chopper in flames and a large number of villagers gathered around it.

A court of inquiry found that the chopper was brought down by friendly fire from the Spyder air defense missile system at the Srinagar airbase.

DG ISPR Major General Asif Ghafoor also tweeted:



People also speculated that the reason why it wasn’t accepted before could be to help Modi’s election campaign which hinged on fighting Pakistan



Trolling the Indian Air Force couldn’t be forgotten!


Some people still couldn’t believe it and called Indian Chief of Air staff a liar and still stuck on their previous claims which have been proved to be false so many times.

It took seven months for India to figure out that the remains of the disfigured helicopter were of their helicopter and not a Pakistani Aircraft.

Facebook Comments


Comments are closed.