KPK Health Department Progress – An Overview
We are going to discuss the changes made in the health department of KPK.
- Establishment of health care commission as an autonomous body to improve/ensure quality of health care services in both private and public sectors through regulation.
Seventeen (17) Acts passed by the provincialassembly to regulate the health sector.
- Free treatment in emergency of Govt with 0.500 million have benefiting from the facility.
- Provincial government allocated 500 million for dangerous diseases like aids, hepatitis, caner and kidney treatment.
- 300 million allocated for maternity health services in 10 districts for benefit of 103,323 mothers.
Established free insulin bank costing 25 millionAllocated 200 million for immunizationservices.
Three (3) new medical colleges are beingestablished at Nowshera, Gujarkhan and Temar Garha through ADP of health department.
- Recruited about 300 doctors, 1,000 nurses and 600 para medical staff and 1,000 doctors are being recruited on adhoc basis.
- Approved Health Care Commission Act 2015 to improve the quality of medical services.
- KP is the first province to establish Emergency Operation Center (EOC) in July 2014.
Number of Polio cases has been reduced from 68 in 2014 to only 7 in 2016.
With all these applaud able steps by Provincial Govt, there’s this silver lining in health services of KP which is Sehat Insaf Card. Insaf card holders can enjoy:
- Health insurance cards for 51% population (1.8 million households and 14 million individuals.
- Free treatment up to Rs. 500,000 per head per annum in both public and private hospitals.