We are going to discuss the changes made in the health department of KPK.
- Establishment of health care commission as an autonomous body to improve/ensure quality of health care services in both private and public sectors through regulation.
- Seventeen (17) Acts passed by the provincialassembly to regulate the health sector.
- Free treatment in emergency of Govt with 0.500 million have benefiting from the facility.
- Provincial government allocated 500 million for dangerous diseases like aids, hepatitis, caner and kidney treatment.
- 300 million allocated for maternity health services in 10 districts for benefit of 103,323 mothers.
- Established free insulin bank costing 25 millionAllocated 200 million for immunizationservices.
- Three (3) new medical colleges are beingestablished at Nowshera, Gujarkhan and Temar Garha through ADP of health department.
- Recruited about 300 doctors, 1,000 nurses and 600 para medical staff and 1,000 doctors are being recruited on adhoc basis.
- Approved Health Care Commission Act 2015 to improve the quality of medical services.
- KP is the first province to establish Emergency Operation Center (EOC) in July 2014.
- Number of Polio cases has been reduced from 68 in 2014 to only 7 in 2016.
With all these applaud able steps by Provincial Govt, there’s this silver lining in health services of KP which is Sehat Insaf Card. Insaf card holders can enjoy:
- Health insurance cards for 51% population (1.8 million households and 14 million individuals.
- Free treatment up to Rs. 500,000 per head per annum in both public and private hospitals.