Pakistani schools to have the same curriculum – Govt plans
- Federal Minister of education Shafqat Mehmood stated that schools will have the same curriculum.
- There should be a uniform curriculum for all children of Pakistan.
- The PTI Govt is ready to execute the idea of the Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan.
We are in the process of making curriculum for the children of entire country
Says the minister of education and professional training, Shafqat Mehmood.
Way before coming into power, Prime Minister Imran Khan has always said that there should be one system of education for everyone in this country. Currently, there are three types of systems which is causing a major problem.
More from the minister:
“The new system will encompass everyone and children enrolled with government-run or private schools or even Madressahs will be taught only one curriculum”
“These different systems of education have divided the country’s philosophy; a uniform syllabus will end this condition”
Says the Shafqat Mehmood
How will it affect the future of Pakistan:
Having one system of education across the country would definitely benefit the youth of Pakistan in many ways. Let’s take a look at a number of them.
- There will be no discrimination while applying for jobs.
- The students of higher class, middle class, lower middle class and poor would be able to get the same education.
- There will be a unanimous curriculum for English medium, Urdu medium and Madrassah students.
- The ratio of educated people in the country would be majorly increased.
Check this too: What is the #VisionDigitalPakistan of Imran Khan
What troubles could be there while implementing this system:
While it has great benefits, there will surely be some hurdles and issues while implementing the same system. Let’s talk about them
- The govt will have to take all of the stakeholders on board.
- Making a curriculum that’s acceptable for English medium, Urdu medium and Madrassah at the same time, would be a tough task.
- Like many other sectors, the education sector has a huge mafia that earns a big chunk of money.
- It will be hard for the Govt to fight that mafia who makes fat profits from the discrimination in the education system.
- There are schools, colleges and universities that charge unrealistic amount of money in terms of fee, they will cause hurdles in the implementation.
And after all of these problems are overcome and solved, Pakistan will see a revolutionary change in the education system.
What do you think about this step? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Source: The Nation