The Punjab Medical Teaching Institutions Reforms Ordinance – 2019
- Govt of Punjab is planning to reform the health sector.
- These reforms will give an autonomous authority to hospitals and medical institutions.
- Here we have the Medical Teaching Institutional Reforms Ordinance 2019 (Also known as MTI on public forums)
Take a look:
Summary of the medical teaching Institutions Reform Ordinance:
- Doctors and medical staff will have the option to adopt the new system or keep working under the old one.
- Doctors will be able to private-practice within the Govt hospitals which will increase the OPD duration for patients.
- Hospitals will be autonomous in terms of finance and managerial matters.
- Any machinery could be bought or repaired by the hospital itself without waiting for 6 to 8 months and approvals from Health Secretariat.
- There will be no shortage of medicine as hospitals will be autonomous in terms of finance.
- Govt will provide a one-line budget every year and the hospital will have the authority to use it according to the needs. (There will be an audit of course).